We understand that “replacement” isn’t the best term that homeowners want to hear. In fact, it can be downright upsetting to be told that an air conditioner needs to be replaced. While we understand why homeowners might think that way, we’d like to address the positives with this kind of service.
When it comes time to replace a home’s air conditioning in Armonk, NY, homeowners can start investigating all of the possible upgrades that a new system could provide. A home that used to be cooled by a central AC unit could now be cooled and heated by a heat pump. Or, perhaps homeowners are tired of paying for duct repairs, and this could be a great opportunity to invest in a ductless HVAC system.
What we’re trying to say is: AC replacement doesn’t have to be a bad experience. It can be an exciting time to plan for the future!
Detecting When to Replace an AC
This is perhaps the trickiest part of AC replacement. It’s important for a homeowner to be able to detect when their AC needs to be replaced, or when it should just quickly be fixed. Here are a few reasons why a homeowner might choose replacement over repairs.
- It costs too much to run. As an AC gets old, it loses efficiency to the point where it can be way too expensive to run.
- It’s old. Air conditioners are designed to last anywhere between 10–15 years maximum. A system that’s running beyond that will see problems with wear and tear, inefficiency, and constant breakdowns.
- It frequently needs to be fixed. Frequent repairs are a sign that the system is suffering from wear and tear. This can be alleviated with replacement.
- It doesn’t keep the home comfortable anymore. What’s the point of an AC if it doesn’t keep a home comfortable? Look into a new, more effective AC system to replace this old one.
Repairs Might Do the Trick
If any homeowners are on the fence about whether or not replacement is right, then it’s fine to call for repairs. A professional technician can evaluate the state of an air conditioner and give opinions on how close it is to retirement. Repairs will always be cheaper than replacement, so if it’s just a one-time thing, then call for quick repairs.
Weigh the age of the system with the amount of problems it is encountering. If it seems like the number of AC problems is increasing over time, then replacement could be a valuable service to invest in.
The Benefits of AC Replacement
Aside from not having to deal with the problems of a dying AC unit, here are a few great reasons to invest in AC replacement at the right time.
- Investing in a new, more effective system. Heat pumps are more affordable than ever these days, and now could be the perfect time to invest in a heating and cooling system.
- Better energy efficiency. Newer AC models are extremely energy efficient, which means homeowners could see a dramatic decrease in their energy bills.
- Longevity. A replacement will always last longer than an old system that needs repairs.
- A fresh start. It feels good to start fresh with a new system that’s got its own warranty and shiny new parts.