In our neck of the woods, space is precious. Country homes might have the space required for a large HVAC system that can clumsily send air through a vast network of air ducts, but many of our customers have homes with a limited amount of space. Even ductwork might not be an option when a home is small enough to require every square inch of space!
Well, in the olden days an HVAC professional would tell a customer that there’s no other choice than to buy a large, bulky heating or cooling system to deal with the temperature fluctuations. However, in the 21st century, there are some great solutions that allow current homeowners to make the most out of limited space.
Introducing the ductless mini split system! Ductless systems in the Bronx, NY are wonderful units that don’t require ductwork at all to function. Let’s talk about some benefits that come from these units.
5 Reasons to Go Ductless
Ductless systems don’t need much advertising in our area. Once our customers know how they work and some of the unique advantages that come from them, they practically sell themselves!
Ductless units are comprised of one outdoor condenser unit and up to four air handlers that are placed in strategic locations throughout a home. They work to cool or heat the house throughout the year and have some great additional benefits we’ll get into down below.
- Powerful and efficient. Needless to say, ductless heat pumps are powerful and efficient. They run on electricity so they’re eco-friendly and run cleaner than fuel-burning systems. They also are powerful enough to heat and cool a home throughout most days of the year.
- Heating and cooling technology. We mentioned that ductless mini splits are heat pumps, and that means they’re both heating and cooling systems. That’s right! A ductless heat pump can be an air conditioner in the summer and a heater in the fall, winter, or spring. In our climate of constantly changing temperatures and seasons, that’s incredibly valuable.
- No ducts, no problem! Ductless systems, as the name implies, don’t require any ductwork. So, for smaller homes or older homes that just don’t have room for air ducts, these systems can be perfect additions.
- Save space by mounting them in strategic locations. Ductless heat pumps require air handlers to send cooled or heated air into the rooms of a house. These air handlers can be mounted on the ceiling, floor, or wall. This means that they can be set up modularly to fit with a smaller home’s aesthetic. Save space by investing in a system that can fit in between furniture or even on the ceiling!
- Each system works independently. Sometimes ductless heat pumps can run into trouble and even break down. The good news is that each air handler functions independently, so they can continue cooling or heating the rest of the home while that one component gets repaired. Also, each one can be set to a different temperature threshold, so ductless heat pump owners get access to customized cooling or heating throughout the different rooms of their home.
It’s time to contact Yost & Campbell Heating, Cooling & Generators for a ductless heat pump installation.